HFP Logo

HFP Logo

Friday, January 5, 2018

Curse of the Headless Horseman

This is going to be my shortest review yet, I think.

"The Curse of the Headless Horserman" is an ultra low budget movie from 1972.  It is currently running on Amazon Prime.

I can't remember the first time I saw this movie, but it was so forgettable that I began watching it again.  As soon as it became familiar I remembered that I had been really disappointed in it the first time.  Here's the thing, movies with budgets this low are hard enough to make now with digital gear and editing on your home computer.  Back when  you had to shoot on film, they were disastrous technically.  Smudgy transfers haven't helped.  So right off the picture quality and sound are tough to deal with.  Add to that a plot right out of a sitcom where they have to make a business work in order to keep it, but it's haunted, maybe, and you've got the makings for a rough 75 minutes.

I try not to trash movies too often on here and I'm sure there's something watchable in here somewhere, but I can't remember what it was and all I did know was that I wasn't willing to sit through it again in order to find out.

There you go, gang.  A movie so mind-numbing, even I wouldn't give it a second chance.

If you want to give it a first chance, hop on over to Amazon and make use of your Prime membership.  Leave a comment about whether or not you think I should give it a second viewing and proper review.  Only AFTER you've seen it though.  If you can't make it through the whole thing, I'm not going to revisit it.


No comments:

Post a Comment